- 4 tbsp plain flour (corn starch if you want it to be gluten free)
- 1 ½lb stew beef, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 onions, diced
- 2-3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 ½ cups beef stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 1 cup of Irish Stout (omit for gluten free and increase beef stock by 1 cup)
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs even-sized peeled potatoes
- 3 tbsp (1 ½oz) Irish Butter
- salt and pepper
Coat beef with corn starch. Brown stew beef in a pot with butter and onions. Add carrots, thyme, potatoes, stock, stout and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours until beef is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2 thoughts on “Irish Beef Stew with Irish Stout”
Reblogged this on hocuspocus13 and commented:
Reblogged this on irish culture and traditions.